Landry had his appointment with Dr. Klein a dermatologist at Primary Children's on February 4th. For those of you who don't know - Landry was born with a Nevus Sebaceous on his left cheek. It was a little frustrating for me because I went down there thinking they were going to tell me things I didn't already know. Perhaps it could be removed with a series of laser treatments or that it was highly recommended to get it taken off. This nevus will grow with him until he hits puberty, then it will possibly change colors and grow larger and get more lumpy. It can also grow tumors in it and there is a 10% chance that it will be malignant. Well, I left there with two different doctors telling me that it was up to me to decide but I would have to meet with a plastic surgeon since they can only be surgically removed. Grrrr! Kacey and I decided that we definitely want it removed - why live with a 10% chance of cancer. Also, for his self esteem - lets just face it kids can be cruel! Well now I have to go back down there to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon and then go back down to have it removed. Sorry if I sound like I am whining I would rather have to deal with something like this than what 90% of the other parents at Primary Children's have to deal with.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Primary Children's
Anywho - my oldest sister is an OR Nurse down in Layton and she called me Monday morning and said "Guess what my first patient of the day was? A Nevus Sebaceous!" Her patient was a ten year old boy with one growing on the crown of his head right in his hair line. She asked the surgeon she was working with that day what his recommendations were and he told her that he does not give his patients the options. He removes them. She asked him when he would recommend getting Landry's removed and he said whenever we wanted to do it. So then she asked the Anesthesiologist she was working with when the risks were lower for babies and he said that after 3 months they should be ok - beyond the normal complications that can arise. Wahoo for me I sort of got two different consultations for the price of none!!! So Kacey and I have decided that we will probably have it removed as soon as we can!
Amidst all this hoopla - my four year old, Jerry (Bridger), has been a trooper. I decided that I wanted to do something fun for him. We were going to go to the Myan and watch the divers jump off the cliffs. Then we decided to go to Chuck -E-Cheese! Bridger was extremely excited because that is where they have "25 cent fun!" It was a big hit. I was extremely overwhelmed and needed a whiskey but it was worth it!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Cari, Cari...thanks so much for updating us!! I still need to see him!!! I already want to squeeze and kiss him...now I want to do it even more!!! What fun for Bridger too!!!! Hey look in the pic of Bridger eating his pizza, now look at the little girl behind him...it totally looks like lindsay when she was little! :) I need your address so I can mail you this stuff I have@ :) email it too me k.
bjking0817@yahoo.com
p.s. I LOVE your little fam picture on the side....sooo cute!
Post a Comment